[triadtechtalk] Re: Portable Program Question

  • From: Bodi Gormely <bodhigo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 08:42:22 -0400

Armando in your response to Bryan you mention using System Restore to revert to
a pre-virus infection. I have Vista OS on my laptop computer and would like to
know step by step how to access and do a System Restore.

I do not have a virus but  ow I do have a non responsive cursor. I can't figure
out how to do the Restore. I just want to get to a previous time when it was
responsive. I think I may have inadvertently disabled something  related to the
functioning of the mouse when I pared down from a long list of things that were
automatically included on the Start-up menu. I used the CC Cleaner tools option
to do the disabling.

At the same time I did that I also installed a lot of Msft recommended patches.
Neither the touch-pad on my laptop nor a plug-in auxiliary mouse moved the
pointer when I restarted the computer several hours later.

The Windows key responds so if you or any other willing reader can advise me
from this point that would be the best help and I will be most grateful. Thank
you.

From Bodi