[triadtechtalk] Re: Portable Program Question

  • From: brian <brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 22:01:00 -0500

Armando, Chuck,

*/ "I, for instance, boot from a live thumb drive and NOTHING can ever infect my system./*"

I never heard you mentioning that before; it sounds like what everyone should be doing!
Is there any down side to doing a thumb drive boot?
Do you recommend it?
If so I will do a search for how to do.

Chuck,
*/"MSE and some other update from MS is a big mess up"/*

Now that I am using MSE I sure appreciate you mentioning this flaw. If I have a problem I will know what is causing it.

Thanks Armando and Chuck--I may have come a long way in Computer understand since joining TTT, but with the incite you and the other experts on this site have it sure keeps me learning every time I log in!!

As usual, thanks for sharing your expertise.

Brian

On 6/3/2012 7:08 AM, armando barreiro wrote:
I use various email providers, some of which are yahoo, hotmail, google, etc.

I rely on them to spam anything that is junk and potentially corruptive, however, I will sometimes decide what may have been as potentially contagious and classified by them as junk. Of these, whenever I have insisted to open their contents, including some that had attachments, their av scanners have always prevented any attack or contamination, but then again, MSE would have also caught these various email provider's av scanners' shortfalls.

But anyway, there's system restore to take you back to a previously uninfected system. Should any be a real BAD thing that they allow to come through, there's always a way to overcome it and not allow it to become the pest that it might have been intended to be.

Please, keep in mind that I only use and have XP, Vista and 7 installed in order to help out others who will not change to any of the many of versions of Linux that are out there. The best one, of course, being that one which you feel you like. I, for instance, boot from a live thumbdrive and NOTHING can ever infect my system.

2.5 cents' worth, mine.

armando