[triadtechtalk] Re: Portable Program Question

  • From: brian <brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 12:01:50 -0500

Armando,

I didn't mean to convey that the listing I posted is things I have on my computer; it was just a list of programs that install tool bars. It could be used by anyone was wondering if a particular programs bundled a tool bar with it.

Fortunately I did a quick view of the items on the list and don't have any of them! *http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm* <http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htmof%20the%20list%20yo>

I had used AVG for a number of years, but I switched to Avira a while ago (I think you recommended it at that time) After you had mentioned Microsoft Security Essential in a posting a few weeks ago I did installed it. I kept Avira and switch between the two deactivation the other while using one of them at a time to evaluate. Then I saw a review of all the free anti virus programs for 2012 and AVG was on the top again. Fondly remembering AVG, I then kept Microsoft Security Essentials deactivated, deleted Avira, and started using AVG.

I had since noticed that in the Windows Secrets Newsletter • Issue 326 • 2012-02-16, Is your free AV tool a ‘resource pig?’
Fred Langa personally recommends MSE.*( http://tinyurl.com/6wd6wj2 )*
He said in the posting: /*
"For me — for now — nothing in these numbers would alter my recommendation — and personal use — of Microsoft Security Essentials."

*/I still have MSE installed, but it is inactive and only use if needed.Both of them are much easier to use than Avira. Since I can only keep AVG inactive until the next boot, I don't want to switch MSE unlessyou think there is a big difference in the two.

Your advise would be appreciated.

Brian
On 6/1/2012 1:55 AM, armando barreiro wrote:
Re list of installed stuff, a quick browse over the list you submitted leads me to think that there are things installed that you don't need.

In the first place, I use but Microsoft Security Essentials only, though I did install McAfee's links security advisor toolbar. No need for Zone Alarm, IMO, at all.

To check your list of stuff see <http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm>

Best wishes,
Armando