[triadtechtalk] Re: Portable Program Question

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:25:18 -0400 (EDT)

if its a toolbar helper check  see if is in your browser....if so can  be
removed and may be snuck into windows explorer....... but as Armando says
google it first..... seems lots of these outifits do sneaky installs hidden in
 there programing files especially if advertised as "FREE" but are more to
the  free junk status than a real tool....... chuck...in Ok

In a message dated 5/29/2012 11:00:20 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

E.G, Isotonic-Eng7 Tool bar Helper is one of them.
Since  it does not show up on the list, I am thinking it may be a portable
program  and I can just delete its .exe file.
However, I don't think I should delete  the .exe file if they are not
portable.

Is there an easy way to  determine if a program is  portable?

Brian