[THIN] Re: NDS and Zenworks

  • From: "Tony Lyne (Computerland)" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:47:56 +1200

You don't need an NT domain for your terminal server implementations if =
you are going to use NDS.=20

The only thing you need is an NT server somewhere to act as a =
TSlicensing server.

Weve done pure NDS implementations with Zen works 3.2 and higher on =
sites with no AD or NT domain in the past.=20

But I still wouldn't recommend dumping AD in favour of going to NDS. =
First of all there is major bugs with the ZEN side of things with =
roaming profiles. Weve reported them to Novell and they have kind of =
fixed them and in other area cannot fix them because of the way Zen =
works works.

The biggest problem with pure NDS/Zen implementations and Terminal =
services/Citrix is the DLU (Dynamic Local User). This is required if you =
have no NT domain and you are using Win2k Group Policies to manage =
desktops.

Besides all of this, You will be quickly frustrated with Novells =
Support. Its pathetic to say the least.

Tony Lyne
Senior Systems Engineer=20
Computerland Central=20
P O Box 1470=20
PALMERSTON NORTH
Telephone (+64) 06 3537300
Facsimile (+64) 06 3566800
Mobile (+64) 0274 720696
E-mail Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet http://www.computerland.co.nz
CAUTION: This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain =
information that is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are =
not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, =
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or data is =
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me =
immediately and delete all material pertaining to this e-mail. Thank =
you.
=A0