[THIN] Re: NDS and Zenworks

  • From: "Bob Hickman" <rhickman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 07:07:09 -0600

I originally started out as a Novell shop and just naturally migrated to th=
e present.  I don't use roaming profiles.  The users save all of their in=
fo to the file server.  All Windows type folders, ie: My Documents, Favor=
ites, etc, are redirected to their home folders. All of the TS boxes, exc=
ept the one for Admin are set up exactly the same with a very few execpti=
ons, so no matter where a user logs on office, classroom, lab, or home, t=
hey get the same programs from Novell Application Launcher.  I use Zenwor=
ks to set up policies and push out to each users session.  I'm able to lo=
ck their sessions down fairly well.  Since all the boxes are for applicat=
ion serving only, I use ghost for backup imaging of a TS box and when som=
ething goes awry, I just re-image the box in about 25 minutes and I'm bac=
k up.