[techtalk] Re: Disk errors in Event Viewer

  • From: Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechTalk <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 19:19:11 +0100

Hi Andrew,

On 23-May-04, Andrew Davidson wrote:

> Just select "Drive is no longer recognised by the system" - you can't give
> a failure code if the PC can't see it, can you? :)

Doh ! Well I had assumed that they'd actually test it when the got it back,
maybe they don't after all ;)

> This method has worked
> for over a year and maybe 20 drives. Some drives were total flame-outs,
> others just noisy or a few bad sectors.

Sweet - will raise an RMA when I've got my data off. It's slow going but I
figure it's worth it just to save me having to find all those useful progs,
game patches etc all over again :)
--
Cheers,

*Paul*

Amiga: A computer that is as much an individual as you are.