[TechAssist] Re: My computer dead.Need advice

  • From: D Trippel <dtrippel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:50:06 -0700

It's very possible that the motherboard  can have bad caps regardless of
the condition of the power supply. But in almost every computer that I
have repaired ,If the motherboard has bad caps the power supply has been
bad as well. Not a bad idea to change the power supply anyway. There
allot cheaper than mother board,cpu,hard drive etc.
Don Trippel
Don's Electronics
Rosthern,Sask
Canada