[TechAssist] My computer dead.Need advice

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:49:57 -0700

I came in this morning and when I turned one of my computers on,no power
at all.The power indicator red led does not lite up.I took it apart to
check the fuse in the power supply but its ok.I did notice that the fan
is locked,won't spin at all.I took a reading on it and its open.Now,if
the fan is bad,should the power led still come on?or does it shut
everything dn.If I have to replace the power supply,how big of a job is
it to get the computer back to working condition.In other words,will it
affect the settings on the cpu or the hd? Not familiar with repairs on
computers.I would apreciate some advice on this repair.Its a 1999 model
and its a generic brand.Thanks.
Mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics
Casa  Grande, AZ