[TechAssist] Re: My computer dead.Need advice

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:36:57 -0400

Probably the transistors overheated because the fan no longer rotated. I
have repaired one of these power supplies by replacing 4 of switching
transistors, in my case they were 2SC3039's. For the price of a new
supply and the time involved to attempt a repair, probably best just to
get a new power supply. Should be some good ones on Ebay if you can
afford the wait. Get a 300W or above. Enermax or Antec are good brands.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984