[TechAssist] Re: [Fwd: Electronics Service Component Analyzers by Sencore]

  • From: larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:20:05 -0500

i wish there were something magic to diagnose SMP s.
thats where i spend too much time.
usually end up disconnection one end of each part, and then
probably replacing opto-isolator and the Mos-fet for good measure.
is it just me, I like to use a digital to read voltages and an
analog  meter to read resistance, when looking for a shorted part.
as far as test equipment goes, i have most of it, analog FET
ohm meter is favorite, then the Pr57 power mate , to check
current, also my ESR meter, and va62 for test patterns.
also my CTR restorer.
I think of how few jobs i would have lost if i only had 10% of
the equipment i bought. and 5% of the parts i stocked
I wouldnt be surprised if i threw away, over 40 years, 100,000
worth of obsolete parts.
Wish i could do it over again.
loll
Larry

Al L wrote:
> The Diehl was a RIP! Nice lights and stuff,but an out and out lie!
>
> Al Leatherman
> 224 RT. 46
> Mine Hill, NJ 07803
> 973-361-5796
> WWW.ALS-TV.NET

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY