[TechAssist] Re: FIXED, WHAT IT"S ALL ABOUT & OFF TOPIC

  • From: "Lindsey Altman" <athomeservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:17:29 -0500

Hi All,

       Took it home yesterday and the customer says to me, "I'll always call
you since this is 2 1/2 years since you worked on it".
I charged her $250.00 after the 24 hour service we gave her. I'm also sure
that using RCA parts on the HV block kept it in her
home along with a little cardboard for the gasket leaks. CTC 169 and it
needed a new HV block. She tells me she didn't call the
other people back because it didn't seem like the repairs lasted. Wonder if
they're still in business? The generics can sometimes
mean the difference in success or failure. I choose my battles on generic
substitution. I try to do every factory update while I
have the units, even the ones that look like a pain in the as..... The only
surviving shop in town I do contract labor on his tough
ones, and instructed him in how to repair PTV's. Why you might ask? There
are to many TV's in the world for me to work on all of
them. There are fewer qualified shops every year. I will support my industry
any small way I can. The closest shops to me don't
even have internet access although I keep after them all the time....... It
is the future, embrace it and survive.

                                HTH,

                                    Lindsey

AT HOME SERVICE COMPANY