[TechAssist] Re: [Fwd: Electronics Service Component Analyzers by Sencore]

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:01:18 -0500

Point taken. I look at some of my equipement like a fire extinguisher,
or a car jack/spare tire:
You may not need it every day, but when you do, you do.
I don't use my O'scope every day either. I agree, they (Sencore)are
supremely expensive and today I would probably do things a bit
differently, if I were to outfit a new shop:
100MHz O'scope, dual trace (got it)
ESR meter for in-ckt cap testing (got it)
Fluke VOM (got them)
Some kind of "ringer" for flys,etc. (incl. in my analyser)
Good SDTV/HDTV/VESA sig. pattern generator-portable type (got it)
Desoldering equip. (got a Solda-pullit manual spring loaded)
Decent solder stations (Got Hakkos)
The rest, good parts kits:
lytic selection kit
SMD resistor kit
SMD cap kit
Resistor selection kit
Variable power supply 0-50 volts, hi current.Regulated.
Lytic cap kit
Misc fast moving parts...etc.
Oh, and a good variable isolation variac( like my Sencore PR570).Several
good computer systems on broadband with 22" monitor for the pdf schemo
viewing. (got those)
You are right. I only really need several Sencore devices, and the lower
cost ones at that!
Phil Bader

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx