[tcb] Re: GR2 vs. Gas-Adjust

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:18:00 -0500

ah, coilovers.my bus rides better 6.5" down on just a beam than it did with
coilovers at stock height. i hate coil overs> Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:15:40
-0500> From: eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re: GR2
vs. Gas-Adjust> > I assume this is Denis and not Chuck?> Yeah, I remember your
debacle.> How did you adjust your front torsion springs?  I always thought
they> were fixed?> Coilovers might be a good change.> > chuck blue wrote:>>
Eric, I am surprised if you hadn't heard of my whole drama with the>> tires
rubbing from the lowering. I worked hard for a long time to stop>> the tires
from rubbing. I even changed out the torsion springs ( which>> actually helped.
Mine were all stuck together and weren't really>> springing much). The thing I
did that helped the most was adjusting my>> springplates higher. It's not too
hard and it cost nothing. Murray>> does not sit as low as he did before, but it
really did help.  I can>> carry a passenger now and it rarely rubs.>>>> Lower
profile tires in the front help, too, but that's a whole other>>
discussion.>>>> If I was to make a new bus project I think I would still lower
it at>> least some. The campers, like Fred's for instance, sits quite a bit>>
lower than Chuck's Bluebus, which sits way high. I guess this is the>> result
of all the weight the camper holds. So, if you wanted a>> passesger bus to be
lower and stay stock, you have to carry some>> concrete bags or lead ballast
bars.>>>> I like the feel of a lowered bus.>>>>>> ----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Woodall" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>> To: "Texas Coalition of Buses"
<tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>> Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 10:22 AM>> Subject: [tcb]
GR2 vs. Gas-Adjust>>>>>>> Coming home from T@P Sunday morning I started
wondering if I should>>> switch out my GR2 shocks for Gas-Adjust.>>> My bus is
lowered via dropped spindles on the front and I am running the>>> beefy Hankook
RA08 tires.>>> When I hit a bumpy country road both of the front tires slam
into the>>> tops of the front wheel wells giving off a hell of a sound.>>>
Anybody running Gas-Adjust shocks on the front?>>> I have heard that I will
hate it, but just wanted to get some opinions.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > >