[tcb] Re: GR2 vs. Gas-Adjust

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:14:58 -0500

air bags make it ride like a caddy and sway like a drunk ;)i vote smaller
tires. how much room do you have between the tire and the fender well?my bus
has a total of .5" of suspension travel with it being 6" lower. but i have alot
of stress on my springs. if you have strictly drop spindles then you have like
1-2" of travel which will allow the tires to whack the fender wells if you have
stockers on it. there was a bus at transporters that looked like that and i
wondered if he was whackin' his fenderwells too.perhaps it was you??? it was a
white bay with empi's on it.> From: sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re: GR2 vs. Gas-Adjust> Date: Mon, 13 Oct
2008 15:05:07 -0500> > Yes, this is Denis.> > I don't know that you can adjust
the front torsion springs, you just pull > out the (in my case) tired and
corroded springs and replace them with a > clean set from a junkyard.> >
Coilovers may make your suspension travel less in a bounce, but that means >
your ride is more harsh. Paul has coilovers. ( Paul has everything). Like > the
gas adjust, they won't raise or lower your bus, they just reduce the > travel>
> Airbags will solve your problems, be expensive, give a harsh ride, but they >
will solve the problem.> > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Eric
Woodall" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Monday, October
13, 2008 2:15 PM> Subject: [tcb] Re: GR2 vs. Gas-Adjust> > >>I assume this is
Denis and not Chuck?>> Yeah, I remember your debacle.>> How did you adjust your
front torsion springs?  I always thought they>> were fixed?>> Coilovers might
be a good change.>>>> chuck blue wrote:>>> Eric, I am surprised if you hadn't
heard of my whole drama with the>>> tires rubbing from the lowering. I worked
hard for a long time to stop>>> the tires from rubbing. I even changed out the
torsion springs ( which>>> actually helped. Mine were all stuck together and
weren't really>>> springing much). The thing I did that helped the most was
adjusting my>>> springplates higher. It's not too hard and it cost nothing.
Murray>>> does not sit as low as he did before, but it really did help.  I
can>>> carry a passenger now and it rarely rubs.>>>>>> Lower profile tires in
the front help, too, but that's a whole other>>> discussion.>>>>>> If I was to
make a new bus project I think I would still lower it at>>> least some. The
campers, like Fred's for instance, sits quite a bit>>> lower than Chuck's
Bluebus, which sits way high. I guess this is the>>> result of all the weight
the camper holds. So, if you wanted a>>> passesger bus to be lower and stay
stock, you have to carry some>>> concrete bags or lead ballast bars.>>>>>> I
like the feel of a lowered bus.>>>>>>>>> ----- Original Message ----- From:
"Eric Woodall" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>>> To: "Texas Coalition of Buses"
<tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>>> Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 10:22 AM>>> Subject:
[tcb] GR2 vs. Gas-Adjust>>>>>>>>>> Coming home from T@P Sunday morning I
started wondering if I should>>>> switch out my GR2 shocks for Gas-Adjust.>>>>
My bus is lowered via dropped spindles on the front and I am running the>>>>
beefy Hankook RA08 tires.>>>> When I hit a bumpy country road both of the front
tires slam into the>>>> tops of the front wheel wells giving off a hell of a
sound.>>>> Anybody running Gas-Adjust shocks on the front?>>>> I have heard
that I will hate it, but just wanted to get some