[SS2S-Main] Re: Interesting Motor-Design Documents

  • From: Richard Nakka <richard.rocketry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 09:54:39 -0600

Interesting suggestion, Jeff. I am not aware of any sugar motor that
has ever used an aerospike nozzle.

As Bill pointed out, the fact that a large percentage of the exhaust
is condensed phase (44%, to be exact), may result in reduced
performance compared to a regular nozzle. But might be worth
investigating. Perhaps some testing can be done with the new
experimental VIC-2 motor...which is intended for "miscellaneous" type
experimentation.

Richard