[SS2S-Main] Re: Interesting Motor-Design Documents

  • From: william colburn <space1space@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 19:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A  high percentage of solids in the combustion products mitigates the
effectiveness of aerospike nozzles. The solids do not behave like a gas in
other words.

But a good thought and for pure AP people might be a good idea. It actually had
been done before in the distant past and there was some chat about making the
nozzles available to HPR users.

Many thanks to Mark for the excellent documents. I have the originals but had
forgotten how much valuable information was therein... Chuck's thoughts on
nozzle design were particularly useful. And now they are electronic and in a
file in my laptop!

BC

Gravity is a Stern Mistress..
The Tick.