[studiorecorder] Re: New Exciting Beta Version

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:08:52 -0400

Curtis:

Dithering is the process of adding noise to a signal to minimize
quantization noise. It makes very low level signals sound correct, as
opposed to squared. It is most useful when processing a file, or when
converting to a smaller sample size.

Rob Meredith

>>> curtis@xxxxxxxxxx 06/21/06 12:56PM >>>
Hi Rob, can you explain to me what, exactly, "dithering" means or
what it does? It is a term I do not understand and I hope you don't
mind taking a few seconds to throw out a few sentences as to what it
means. I've seen the term so often and forgotten to have it defined,
so often until now so if you wouldn't mind ... :)
Thank you!

Curtis Delzer