[studiorecorder] Re: New Exciting Beta Version

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:20:08 -0400

No, it doesn't make any difference. Normalize basically gets
measurements as you would with the Measurements command, than calls
ChangeVolume specifying how much of a change is required. So, it only
takes longer.

>>> neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/21/06 11:48AM >>>
Rob, I'm not sure what Daveed's previous question implied.  Let's
assume
for a minute and for the sake of discussion that he was asking the
following question.  If you know how many DB you want to raise the
volume, will there be any difference in the addition of unwanted
artifacts depending on whether you use volume or normalize?  I don't
expect it makes any difference, but I want to clarify just to make
sure.

Neal