[sparkscoffee] Re: The Executive

  • From: Sblumen123@xxxxxxx
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 07:28:55 -0500 (EST)

JS
Your response makes no sense, anyone could become a 3rd Mate or
engineer and there is no alternative after walking down the gang  planks
with our heads high. No more contracts for ARA once the Mates  have
full FCC licenses even now, cut the BS, get it?

Comrade Jew Stanley Blumenthal

In a message dated 2/15/2013 6:59:28 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
schalestock@xxxxxxxx writes:

Stanley,

Let me clear something up for you. My position during  the election was NOT
shutting down the ARA. It was intended to PROTECT our  members that were
brass pounders only. (I believe you were in that  category?)   With the
arrival of GMDSS, even Steinberg saw the hand  writing on the wail., I believe
his
intent was to eliminate the code license  requirement in order to bring in
competent electronic technicians, thus  presenting the companies with a
reason to renew our contract.

What I  was advocating was to give the brass pounders the option to take an
early and  full retirement. The pension plan at that time certainly had the
assets to  accomplish this and, had I been elected I would have seen to it
that these  members were fairly treated.  In addition we would have remained
with the  MMP.   As you may (or may not) recall, I had an excellent
relationship with Tim Brown, his full support during the election,  and  had
his
promise of full support of the ARA membership when negotiating with  the
companies.

This would have been a win win for the entire ARA  membership  - including
those that were not the competent technicians  required for the new GMDSS.
environment.

JS
Start  Taxes for FREE
TaxSlayer.com. Fast, Secure and Always Accurate. Start for  Free  today.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/511e22f9d0bed22f95624st04vuc