[SI-LIST] Re: Fibre channel interconnect margins

  • From: "Chris Cheng" <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:10:29 -0700

"Using the BER as the benchmark for acceptance (something like 10e-12)"

I started the whole discussion based on the above statement.

And I agree with what you say that no company in its right mind would =
ever reveal their BERT. But have you ever consider what those sigma will =
look like at PCIe Gen II or 10G ethernet (pick a BERT between 10e-12 to =
-19 as you pointed out). At 1 or 2G rate, you can live with a few ps of =
non-existing Rj but not at 10G, it will eat your margin alive.