[SI-LIST] Re: Fibre channel interconnect margins

  • From: Alan.Hiltonnickel@xxxxxxx
  • To: Chris Cheng <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:57:37 -0700

You might want to re-check that. Yes, we have the same CRC checks and
flags. But after error rates get to the "expected" or "acceptable"
levels, most folks turn off the error reporting and let the software and
hardware do what it's designed to do, because the system is tolerant of
errors. That's the purpose of CRCs - to make systems more robust, not to
make the customers help you debug your systems.
Otherwise, it sounds like you're telling us that you have invented a way
to design equipment where randomness does not happen. Hope you got a
patent on that! ;-)

Alan

--
Alan Hilton-Nickel