[SI-LIST] Re: Decoupling for PLL

  • From: "Andrew Ingraham" <a.ingraham@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:23:15 -0400

> Tom, given Zhangkun's observation that substitution of an R for the L in
> the power feed "fixes" the PLL, I think it is safe to say that the problem
> is power related.

True ... however, we still don't know the nature of the failure.

If the VCO stops oscillating, for example, we might be looking at this as a
DC problem.  We think it probably isn't, becahse Zhangkun measured the DC
voltage.  Still, it would be nice to know.

A scope and/or spectrum analyzer on the PLLs' outputs would help, comparing
"work well" vs. "does not work" cases.  If the VCO control line is
accessable, that would be helpful to scope out too, though attaching
anything there would have consequences.

Even though we're pretty sure it is power related, some more data might help
narrow it down further.

Regards,
Andy

List FAQ wiki page is located at: