[SI-LIST] Re: DDR SDRAM signal routing

  • From: "giancarlo guida" <gguida@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:46:23 +0100

Hi Hal and others,
I read this interesting post
and I believe there is a very interesting basic question behind the topic

At the end of the day it seems we are in fornt of the doubt
should one follow the Appnote  and/or guideline
or make simulations?

I have no doubt that the Appnote and guideline
can be very accurate and give good suggestion
but every PCB is a unique "world"
where the suggestion you got from Appnote could work perfectly
but could also fails.

A golden rule cannot be golden enough to not be verified in your real PCB
... to make such a verification, I would say that a good simulator is the
ultimate solution.

Along others advantages, a direct usage of a simulator will allow to gain
deep knowledge of your application
and short the design cycle by an unexpected ratio.

It has been demonstrated the ROI of a good simulator is practically
"infinite"

Giancarlo