[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: what a lot of nonsense!

  • From: Rikers123@xxxxxxx
  • To: irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxx, Tigra12@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 18:32:41 EDT

In a message dated 7/8/2005 6:09:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxx writes:
I would  suspect that the reason there are not more titles on champions is
time!!  It takes a lot of time to train a dog.  It takes a lot  of time to
show dogs and groom dogs and travel with dogs to shows.   Carolyn and I have
managed to get PTs on both Boss (AOE GV CH. MarHaven's  Color Guard,TC,PT,
for those not familiar with his nickname) and his son,  Booker (AOE Select
CH. Elvaston's Southern Byrne, TC, PT) We are currently  working toward a
Started title for Booker.  BUT, it takes a lot of  time to do these things,
and often family business can interfere. For  most, dogs are not their life,
just a part of their life. My opinion, for  what it's worth.  Doris E

Accessability has alot to do with it too. Not too many sheep in most
nonrural areas and few in rural areas. I have to drive 3+ hours to find sheep
work now or pay 70.00 per hour which I am not prepared to do. We run a  small
construction business which is 24/7 on call. HIC on all the Champions is  the
best I can do right now. I use obedience to get my dogs to listen to me and
follow certain commands. Any dog can be trained for basic obedience but CD's
are
nice if you have the time and patience to persue it which I don't. It's hard
enough right now to scratch out a weekend for a show so we can relax without
phones blaring all the time. Conformation is what I choose to do. The rest if
I  can get to it is gravy. The only true working dogs to me are those on the
street, service dogs and the few who actually tend stock. NONE of those carry
titles for the most part. The alphabet soup is nice, but give me the dog to
research and watch. That is where I choose my breeders.

Denise  Groenewald
_www.greenwoodshepherds.com_ (http://www.greenwoodshepherds.com/)