[ SHOWGSD-L ] thisa and thata

  • From: NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 16:42:36 -0500

1. its an absolutely gorgeous day outside today...bright sunshine 50 degrees no
wind. went up to the property to mark the trees not for cutting when the land
is cleared. the dogs are chasing each other around a third of an acre and i am
making plans for the winter.

2. Since Kris only said mentor not DOG mentor I answered quite differently. I
can not say that it was any one thing that any one person in dogs said but more
a combination of actions rather then words.

3.Still no Review here. Has anyone anywhere got the November Review? No
Quarterly yet either.

4. I was thinking about books. Given the choice of the following books which
one did you like better.In alphabetical order so as not to show favoritism.
Forever Amber
The Group
National Velvet
Tobacco Road
The Winning Of Westminster

5. Steve or Christine I am not sure who posted it but their post on breeding
made me remember a great many things about the bloodlines behind most of our
current dogs. Every time we get to t
hinking that our bloodlines are getting too narrow we have to remember that we
selected certain dogs because of their virtues. Practically every bloodline you
can find is stopped by three dogs: Lance, Sundance and Jock(with Adam the
strongest here).

6. As to the total dog. You do not really mean Total. While every shepherd
could conceivably earn every akc title or even every european title as well, a
GUIDE Dog can not be trained to be a NARCOTICS Dog or a K9 Corps Dog. We know
they had problems retraining war dogs to return to society. Dogs specialize.I
can only think of one human being off hand who actually has done just about
everything and that is Bill Bradley (Rhodes Scholar Pro Basketball player
Medical doctor, Successful Politician and Author)