[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: thisa and thata

  • From: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 20:58:13 EST

In a message dated 2/5/2005 4:42:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

4. I  have found more hostility present on this list over the five plus years
I have  been on it then i found at any dog shows I attended over 42 years.The
times I  ran into hostility at dog shows were so rare that it made it quite
easy to  remember.
Norma,
This is very true but I don't believe it is this List or the times.   It is
much more likely the medium by which we are communicating.

This is a common problem in the business world.  Because the  Internet allows
us to communicate from our own private and somewhat  anonymous environment,
it empowers people to say things they would  never say face-to-face.  Sadly,
the worse of the human race comes  up and you see hostile, aggressive, rude and
unkind comments.   The business rule of thumb is that before you send anything
on an e-mail,  pretend that it is printed in the front page of your local
newspaper -  if after that mental image you are satisfied with what you wrote,
send it.   Of course, it would help if we could live by the principle of "do
unto  others as you would like them to do unto you."

Fortunately, you seldom see this behavior at dog shows and for the most  part
we show the kinder, better part of us.

Dania