[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: thisa and thata

  • From: "billie" <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 07:11:18 -0800

Norma, I don't get how you can say the first 3 places in a  national class
are reserved.
I have had some first places in a class, and it wasn't a one time incidence.
It was at the time when, classes were huge, 40-50 or more in the ring.
I don't handle, but my late husband did. He was an AKC licensed handler, but
not a big name.
A good dog can go to the front of the line.
Yes, the top handlers probably do get the big prize more often, but it isn't
always so.
As to 3 major groups go to the National every year, again I have to
disagree. Not just the large breeding kennels. I can think of several who
captured the top prize at one time or another, and they didn't come from
large breeding kennels.
The other two groups are a given, board and committee members and handler's.
If the rest of the people weren't there it doubt there would be a need for
the board, committee members or the handlers.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA.