[ SHOWGSD-L ] thisa and thata

  • From: NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 11:16:37 -0500

1. Any judge who does not pay attention to temperament will not get an entry
from me. I think we all have the right to make that decision. Handlers may be
forced to show under some of them but we have the right to refuse to allow them
to show our dogs under those judges.

2.The Utah show site is a really good one for a National. You would all like
it. It is very exhibitor friendly. Its actually in the exact center of the
Western third of America. They usually have six majors there in April in four
days which is very cost efficient. It is unlikely to draw many spectators but
the site Saint Louis used also drew very few. It certainly deserves
consideration. I did fly there and it was not complicated. Actually the largest
number of active breeders live in Wisconsin(never hosted a national) and
largest entry in the country in 03 (the last year i was on the west coast for
the year) was in Northern California.(which also never hosted a national) The
highest point scale is in the n
ortheast(new york and New England) They also have the highest tax rate.they
have not hosted a national since 1980.

3.The Eukanuba Challenge is very different from Westminster so it is time they
stopped televising it like it is. I sat with the general crowd for part of the
evening and most of them did not understand the purpose of most of the events
being televised. They had no idea what Bred By meant or what the requirements
for junior handling were.The interruptions to the judging by the TV Ads were
very irritating. They do not do it at other sports venues. Can you imagine them
stopping a game or a race for a beer commercial? The Obedience events on the
first floor drew enormous day time crowds and not one minute of live televised
time.

4. The new CHAMP (that rhymes with Kamp) is home resting up, wondering what all
that white stuff is and enjoying the peace and quiet with no kids to suporvise.
she is due in season any day and then there will be more kids not to mention the
 bigger ones will be coming home from camp. Let her enjoy it while she can.