[ SHOWGSD-L ] thisa and thata

  • From: NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:04:41 -0500

1. As many of you know the holy terror is now CH SCHOKRESTS TIARA(sire San
Diego dam Tempo). She was entered in the last four shows on the Florida Circuit
in Brooksville which drew over three thousand dogs a day. Needless to say the
rings were big enough for German Shepherds. Since the Saturday and Sunday shows
drew majors(all we needed was one) we showed her Saturday and she finished
beautifully presented by Jamie Clute going WB and BOW over the BOS dog (who
also finished). Judge Pat Gellerman. The show catalogue is up on INFO DOG MBF
site.My thanks to Lois Gregor and the late great lorraine Schowalter for this
beautiful bitch.She is her fathers fifth champion and her mothers second.

2. The Eukanuba was a two day show this year. The convention Center in Tampa
drew enormous crowds both days. Working the Shepherd Booth were Lana (the one
and only) Diane Roberts, Helen Gleason and Didier Ardoin. Filmed the shepherds
on Tuesday in an excellent indoor ring. with the now famous
Blue carpeting. Ginny went Breed and Grp three and BOS went to Yancy much to
Suzannes delight. There were three awards of merit as well. Judge Bob Forsyth
presided.
JR flew in as did the Vrooms. The evening events were held almost half a mile
(if you walked it) away in the The Saint Pete Auditorium which could seat
21,000 people but only about six thousand were there.Made some helpful notes
for Carmen and Co. I could swear I saw Rita Sandell there.

3. Went up to Helen Gleasons place three times. She is about 50 minutes drive
from my cousins home in Saint Petersburg. She has ten grassy horse acres with
four separate one acre fenced in rings two exercise pens a club house and a
converted barn with four dog bedrooms and a human apartment. plenty of parking,
a pond all walled and security gated. watched the training classes including
bite work for schutzhund and agility and regular obedience equipment and
training grounds. She could hold a dog show there. She has only got one ho
rse left and three dogs who all speak dog very well. We had our usual good time.

4. On the trip down to Florida I stopped at Nancy Harpers in Roswell Georgia
for two days and we celebrated Rons birthday. Saw Danny(much matured) and his
gorgeous sister and Their mother Magic (A Diego daughter)In addition met three
danny puppies. They have a lovely home on the lake.

5. It was a perfect trip!