[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: memorable K-9 stories

  • From: GSDdogmom@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:54:14 EST

My father travelled quite a bit when I was growing up so  subsequently, my
mom, sister, and I were alone a lot of the  time.  Our dog, Duke (didn't
everyone have a "Duke" growing up?) knew and  loved everyone in the
neighborhood.
One afternoon, a door-to-door salesman  came to the door.  As soon as my mom
opened the door, the dog got in front  of her, barring his teeth and growling.
After trying to get the dog to get  out of the way and stop growling, she told
the man she didn't know what was  wrong with the dog, but she was going to
have to close the door.  The next  afternoon the "salesman" was arrested
breaking
into a house down the  block!!  God, how I love these dogs!

Lori Stewart
San Diego