[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: memorable K-9 stories

  • From: "billie" <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:03:57 -0800

In the 60's a male from our first litter out of our foundation bitch, CH.
Tucker Hill's Gretina C.D. sired by CH. Corvalan's Brigadier was the
character of character's. There are so many stories I could tell about
"Thor".
We co-owned him, he was pointed, but never finished. He didn't live with us,
but we traveled in caravan he and his owner following us to shows.Coming
back from Arizona shows, we stopped for something to eat.
While we were eating we overheard a conversation about what a dog was doing
in a car. We knew it, it had to be "Thor." We went out to see, and he had
drawn a crowd. He was uncrated and he would jump from the back seat to the
front seat, sit on the horn to blow it, then jump into the back seat waiting
for his owner,  with an innocent"who me ?honk??? expression on his face.
If he won she always said I can't stay, Thor will honk until my battery is
dead.
It got so if we won, and stayed at the shows, or go to judges dinner, my
husband would disconnect her horn, then reconnect it later.
This dog would answer the phone by knocking it off the hook, then bark.
trying to convey to the caller, no one else was home.
Ohhh...so many memories.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, Ca.