[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Standard- New Discussion

  • From: GSD0110@xxxxxxx
  • To: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:06:06 EDT

In a message dated 7/11/2006 9:52:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Elsyd1@xxxxxxx writes:
Why  would we accept such a disfigurement  over another dog who
doesn't  sidegait as as well? We are really sick  in this breed... we have
raised the bar to exclude many proper dogs, who can do  the
job(s) they were created for, calling them mediocre. The cadre of  breeders,
judges and handlers who dominate this sport owe it to the  breed to have a
different vision to lead us to.   Syd

How often have we sat at ringside at our National and heard the crowd go
"wild" clapping for a dog with a dead tail that was locked in he rear with no
follow though? Just because a dog has a good forehand many are capable of
forgiving anything.  To me, if a dog is locked in the rear, his forehand,  no
matter how awesome looking, is suspect.  Most dogs that are locked in  the rear
and
have dead tails also have a "pretty" forehand.

The last time I heard Jim Moses speak in public one of his comments  was ...
you people have GOT to stop clapping for these CRIPPLED dogs...

Gary Lewis