[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Standard- New Discussion

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 01:10:38 EDT

You make some really good points, Candy.  A dog that is merely  carrying
it's tail low will usually show some life in it at some point in the
judging.  If
a judge really suspects the spectacular dog is carrying a serious and
inheritable health defect, the less spectacular but sound dog isn't  really
inferior.  What good is a spectacular looking dog if it, and it's  progeny,
go lame at an early age?

You have to judge the dog on that day.  If he or she is carrying a  better
tail tomorrow, then the decision may be different.

Janice

In a message dated 7/11/2006 9:46:44 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I didn't  say I would put up a totally inferior animal over a spectacular
animal
with a dead tail, but the dead tail would be a very big deciding factor  for
me.
And in my opinion we have dog shows to analyze and judge  breeding stock.
Otherwise we could show sterilized animals.

Candy