[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rescue question

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 23:02:10 EDT

I "repo" a dog from a home that was highly recommended. The lady fell ill,
and since she went to bed early (6 pm) she put the 5 months old pup on a
crate  from 6 pm until 10am!!!  No water, so she didn't tinkle in her crate.
The pup became ill and of course.......she called the breeder, because I
told  her this was a good puppy......she brought her home and I almost died
when I saw  how thin and withdrawn this by now 6 months old puppy was.  Took
her back  without another word, and when I placed her about 7 months later,
it was  under the condition that she would never be crated for more than 2
hours.  This was too much for a few people, but I waited and she got the
perfect home. They got a second dog from me a year later so that the little
princess would have company.

I knew her issues, and I was able to screen her new home better.   Rescue
has no background on these dogs 99% of the time, so I  understand their
position, rather be safe than sorry, err on the side of  caution.

There are thousands of dog is rescue situation. People can always 'shop'
elsewhere.

JMO
* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
Sel AM CH & CAN CH Karizma's Cacique of  Inquest aka DEXTER
AM CH Kaleef's Allyson V Kenlyn aka ALLYSON
Kaleef's  Expensive Date (major pointed) aka JACKIE
Inquest Huckleberry Fun - That Hot  Black Dog aka HUCKS
and Bunny, aka Her Majesty, aka THE BOSS

In a message dated 7/25/2010 1:07:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I  got lots of responses from folks who disagree STRONGLY with my
position...many told me why...some talked of dogs tied to a tree all day and
other
questionable human behaviors.... some human beings are going to treat  dogs
cruelly...and folks can do that to dogs whether they live in  the house in a
crate 20 hours a day, or they live outside....believe me, as  many times as
animal control has been to my house in the last three years, if  they
believed my dogs were mistreated they would not still be here...I  have no
problem with folks who have dogs in the house, just as I have no  problem with
folks who feed kibble.....by keeping to a policy that demands  rescue dogs must
live inside prevents potential good owners from  having rescue
dogs.....trying to control adults is the worst way of doing it!,  folks that
understand
this have less stressful lives........Ed Hill