[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rescue question

  • From: Kay Springer <showgsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 20:48:45 -0700

Sorry Ed, but I have to disagree with you. In the two rescue
organizations that I am affiliated with we do require the dogs we
place to be house dogs with access to outside. We have found that we
do not want to place our dogs in an environment where they  are "yard
dogs".  Mainly because we have found that the maljority of the people
who do not want to have the dog in the house are not going to bond
with the dog and the dog often becomes a nuisance barker and then
there are issues with neighbors and then the dog ends up back in
rescue.  Each rescue organization has their own set of rules  just as
each breeder can decide who they want to place a puppy with.  Me.....I
do not sell puppies to those who want a strictly "outside" dog, other
breeders can do what ever they are comfortable with.  Each to his own
or   as Evan would say ----   "Not that there is anything wrong with
that"

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com
Home of Multi BISS & Multi Group Winning
Ch. Rohan's Reward TC,CGC,HT,CD,RE,CHIC
"Strider" the inside dog with 75 BOB's - #5 &#6 GSD -2009