[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rescue question

  • From: Birgit Rhoads <wdlnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 00:30:19 -0400

Ed, maybe all your dogs live outside, in nice kennels with the company of each
other. Hopefully you see to it that they have plenty of your attention and
love. I never would place a dog with someone who wants just an outside dog.
Those tend to be tied to a dog house in the back yard to live a life of "no
life" at all. Dogs need the company of their people, and at least the company
of other dogs/animals.

What kind of rescue organization would release a dog to be tied to a tree for
the rest of it's life? Or sit in a backyard kennel (almost no pet owners even
would have that) all alone forever. I hope that is not what you would want for
your puppies. When you place an older dog, would you not like to see her have a
family home, with people and kids who play with her and take her for walkies?
Maybe she is better off staying with you.

Birgit Rhoads
Woodland
Hudson Oh
wdlnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.woodlandpwc.com

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.