[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: IS THE GSDCA TOO DESPERATE?LONG SORRY

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 21:25:01 EDT

I agree that a list for members for discussing GSDCA business is a  great
idea, but I think there needs to be information and pictures available  to
non-members on the web site.  For the sake of the breed, the GSDCA  should
provide information on health and structure to the general public.  I  think
pictures and show results should also be available - after all, the type of
dogs
that are being put up by knowledgable judges shouldn't be a secret!

I'm not saying that some sections shouldn't be members only, just that
the decisions on what those sections are should consider the need to
provide information about our breed to the public.

Janice Buchanan
GSDCA member since 1990

In a message dated 8/22/2005 5:55:42 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx writes:
_Erynbrook@xxxxxxxx (mailto:Erynbrook@xxxxxxx)  writes:
_hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   writes:
> 2) a GSDCA "list" should be formed..you have access to it as  a  full PC
> member only. this way..club business
Funny you  should mention this Christine. Some of us were just discussing the
same  thing a couple of days ago. You are right  -- there is too much
discussion of club business on this list. I've heard that members of other
lists
consider this one to be the PC list. I think a separate list for  full PC
members
only is an excellent idea. Ther are several logistical  issues to be
addressed,
but those can be handled if we can get the new  board to go along.

Susan Casey
Erynbrook German Shepherds  and
Front Range German Shepherd  Rescue

I  fully agree Christine's post had lots of very good points. I guess the one

thing that bothers me most is that there is not discussion of it.   Could it
be
that most of the members on this list are not PC members and  would lose out?

Food for thought. To many perks to non members, take  away their perks and
maybe they will pay the price (membership dues) to  get that information like
the
rest of do.

Lee  Brown