[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: IS THE GSDCA TOO DESPERATE?LONG SORRY

  • From: PlushPuppyOhio <plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 07:43:49 -0700 (PDT)

Go for it Christine.  Im not debating my point as you seem more intent on
proving yours than coming simpkly addressing questions raised in a civil
manner.  You obviously read my post with objections.   Nowhere did I say the
lists would withhold information.  Nowhere did I say you were advocating
anything like that.  And just because I raise questions or a different point of
view certainly doesnt mean I didnt read what you said.    I simply was asking
that if there is an "official" list.... knowing the discussions that start....
and knowing there is no way to address everything... will people read the list,
and take words that are said as fact.   At least on this least... we know a
majority of what is said is OPINION.   It is a private list.   If we advocate a
PC list.... does the info within suddenly have the appearance of being more
"official".

Nevermind though.   Obviously you have thought things out, and you know what is
best.  Im all for trying new things... so go for it!!!

Steve Grainger <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As I sated in my original post..we will have some who say "We can't" or It
won't" or Who's going to"..Chaos is exactly what we have now..rumors
already spread rampant..where have you been?.perhaps you missed this
information..the List as we know it would stay the same..informational..you
can talk about anything with the exception of PC business. so those who for
some reason don't want to join..can still have access to GSD information..I
did not advocate taking away information(is this how rumors get started..by
not reading my complete post?) GSd fanciers will still via the current List
find out about health, education...handling..you name it..just like
now..BUT AGAIN not be privy to discussion about the inner workings of the
GSDCA. The group I work for has monthly staff meetings..these meeting are
private..not open to the public because the information discussed is
confidential..and should be fodder for public discussion. I understand
that in Ft. Collins..4 of the biggest dissenters for the site were
non-members..why should they have a voice?. Again..we have many non-members
giving input about where nationals should be or not be...criticizing the
board...asking to see the NIS..we have nearly 4000 members..and a
wellspring of untapped talent..are you saying we couldn't find someone else
in 4000 members to monitor a GSDCA sponsored List???? Again..being a member
of the GSDCA should have with it some perks...most want to join a
confident, growing progressive organization..when you give too much
away..in terms of information or other benefits to non-members...you
diminish the value of 'belonging" to the club...remember..it is a
"club"..and every club I know does not allow outsiders to have input in the
inner workings of the organization..C.Grainger

benefit of forming a discussion to exclude? The list could certainly
never initiate a vote, as not all members have access to the computer.
Why create yet ANOTHER list... and ask the PC to sponser it to boot? Who
would monitor it? Who would be responsible for discussions raised? Is
the board going to be accountable for every subject that comes up every day
on the list? Are rumors going to spread rampid when something is brought
up that isnt addressed?

> I think there should be designated times and locations that official
GSDCA business should be conducted. The Board meeting for example.
Anything else to me is just asking for Chaos. Our Local clubs should be a
way to filter information back to the membership. Do we have Board
designees from each "area"? Has that ever been considered. Then that
Board member has "x" amount of clubs it represents?