[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: IS THE GSDCA TOO DESPERATE?LONG SORRY

  • From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:06:11 -0500

Thank you for your insight...you bring up good points...yes I realize that
you can access info on other sites..but it is my understanding that even
the AKC site doesn't list sire and dam.and in many cases our show results
site offers pictures of the winners..in my opinion..this is in direct
competition with the Review..so if you want to view wins..some with
photos..join the club..either as an associate..or full member..As for
pedigrees..I wasn't able to find as in depth a site as
ours..besides..anyone usually interested in pedigree is a breeder..I think
K. Strong had an idea which was worth consideration...with every ad you run
in the Review..you get a website ad too...this would be working with the
Review..not against it...and if you want to see the website ads..join the
PC...I am not for limiting information..however..a nominal membership fee
for an associate membership would certainly be worth being able to access
good information...these are ideas in progress...all suggestions are
welcome...C.Grainger

<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 8/22/2005 9:36:43 PM
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: IS THE GSDCA TOO DESPERATE?LONG SORRY
>

> In a message dated 8/22/2005 9:56:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> show  results are
> important to many..even non-members..we are trying to encourage  folks to
> join the PC...even as an associate member...(which would be a  nominal
> membership fee and more like a donation) ..is not worth a nominal  fee to
> view?
>

> I'm guessing we're talking about Futurity/Maturity/National classes,
right?
> Most everything else is on a superintendent's (or club's) sight by  the
> following Monday.  Even Rau has stepped it up, which would include the
> aforementioned...which would negate the need to make results "members
only".

> Love the idea of an associate membership Christine...maybe we  could send
one
> free issue of the Review w/ an invitation to upgrade to  a "real"
> membership...
>
> I like the idea of welcoming folks, but not limiting access to
information
> which could be readily found on  the web someplace else <results,
pedigrees,
> etc.>:)
>
> We need to answer the question "why join".  I mean, we're all GSD
fanatics,
> but put yourself in the place of a person w/ one or two dogs...I sat
next to
> a lady w/ a black GSD at a performance event recently.  She runs an
obedience
> school, has had GSDs for 30+ years, is a Rally judge and I was  surprised
> find she was local.  She's not a member of our Regional Club,  I looked
in the
> catalog for her last name and didn't recognize it and asked if  she was a
PC