[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: IS THE GSDCA TOO DESPERATE?LONG SORRY

  • From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PlushPuppyOhio" <plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:42:15 -0500

The problem with e-mail is that you can't see or hear who you are
addressing. You are correct..you had better believe I thought things out
before I posted the suggestions to the List..I would of course be
passionate about what I believe. I went out on a limb to offer suggestions
for improvement..did you? Are you willing to "go for it.." by putting
yourself on the line..run the risk of offending some for what you believe
could benefit the club long term? I have voluntarily put myself in a
position to take criticism..warranted or unwarranted...I am confused by
your term "official" and for some reason I can't communicate to you that..a
GSDCA List with a roster of PC members only( you don't have to be on it if
you choose not to be) would simply be an "additional" List where open
discussion among members can take place about National
sites...elections..upcoming agenda of the Board..Candidates may openly
discuss their positions of different issues...without the input and in some
cases, criticism of those who are not interested in being part of the club.
those who are excluded..want to be excluded. I am equally confused by your
statement that "people will read and take what is said as fact" who can
control that? do we control it on this List? do we control that at dog
shows..much information is repeated as fact..and found not to be
true..there is no way to legislate this in real life..or on the Internet!
As stated..these ideas are a work in progress..most have been well received
by many..and I fully expected some to take exception...and to be
critical..and for some to be just down right insulting..but I am trying to
offer suggestions for our club  to better itself...I am asking for your
explanation..not being critical..C.Grainger

proving yours than coming simpkly addressing questions raised in a civil
manner.  You obviously read my post with objections.   Nowhere did I say
the lists would withhold information.  Nowhere did I say you were
advocating anything like that.  And just because I raise questions or a
different point of view certainly doesnt mean I didnt read what you said.
I simply was asking that if there is an "official" list.... knowing the
discussions that start.... and knowing there is no way to address
everything... will people read the list, and take words that are said as
fact.   At least on this least... we know a majority of what is said is
OPINION.   It is a private list.   If we advocate a PC list.... does the
info within suddenly have the appearance of being more "official".

> Nevermind though.   Obviously you have thought things out, and you know
what is best.  Im all for trying new things... so go for it!!!

> Steve Grainger <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As I sated in my original post..we will have some who say "We can't" or It
> won't" or Who's going to"..Chaos is exactly what we have now..rumors
> already spread rampant..where have you been?.perhaps you missed this
> information..the List as we know it would stay the
same..informational..you
> can talk about anything with the exception of PC business. so those who
for
> some reason don't want to join..can still have access to GSD
information..I
> did not advocate taking away information(is this how rumors get
started..by
> not reading my complete post?) GSd fanciers will still via the current
List
> find out about health, education...handling..you name it..just like
> now..BUT AGAIN not be privy to discussion about the inner workings of the
> GSDCA. The group I work for has monthly staff meetings..these meeting are
> private..not open to the public because the information discussed is
> confidential..and should be fodder for public discussion. I understand
> that in Ft. Collins..4 of the biggest dissenters for the site were
> non-members..why should they have a voice?. Again..we have many
non-members
> giving input about where nationals should be or not be...criticizing the
> board...asking to see the NIS..we have nearly 4000 members..and a
> wellspring of untapped talent..are you saying we couldn't find someone
else
> in 4000 members to monitor a GSDCA sponsored List???? Again..being a
member
> of the GSDCA should have with it some perks...most want to join a
> confident, growing progressive organization..when you give too much
> away..in terms of information or other benefits to non-members...you
> diminish the value of 'belonging" to the club...remember..it is a
> "club"..and every club I know does not allow outsiders to have input in
the
> inner workings of the organization..C.Grainger

FORWARDS
> of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author
> AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> >
> > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
BE