[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ears

  • From: Diane Brantley <texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 13:02:14 -0800 (PST)

Since everyone is talking about ears now, here is Kim's post from last month.
I guess Kim posted before her time.

Diane
Msg: #4 in digest
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 20:23:32 -0400
Subject: Help for problem puppy ears
From: Kim McNamara <klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi Listers,
When I had a very hard time getting some ears up last year, a friend
introduced me to the stuff they use in Germany.  I was showing them to some
folks at the Atlanta specialties last weekend and they think they are pretty
neat, so I thought I would share here.  These "ear forms" come in a pair,
one is specifically for the right ear and the other is for the left.  They
are thin and breathable, yet firm; they go deeper into the ear than the
normal pipe insulation things we make for ourselves, so the ears don't need
to be bridged - which makes it a lot more comfortable for the puppy and a
lot less likely that littermates or other dogs will bother them.  Since all
you have to do is put glue on the back and stick in the ear - anyone can do
it, even novices.  The forms are washable and reusable.

Linda Bankhead found a place on the web that sells them (link below) but my
friend also markets them and her price is cheaper at $24.50 plus she also
sells the glue they use in Germany for $8.50.  I'll be in Springfield and
will have some with me if anyone is interested in seeing them.  If you think
you might like to buy some, let me know.  I hope they help others as much as
they helped my puppy.

Thanks,
Kim

http://dogsportgear.com/Dog_Ear_supports.htm

BISS Ch. Echo-Cham's River Phoenix OFA H&E AKA "River"
Da-Jo's Crestview Ironman AKA "Tony"
Candia's Hard Rock Candy v Tejas AKA "Rocky"