[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ears

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tdrkk@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:52:31 -0800 (PST)

Over all the age ears go up varies greatly.  I have seen litters with ears up
at six weeks.  I have had dogs that had one, the other or both until as late as
10 months, with extra calicum.

  If they are not up on their own by 5 months, you want to start helping them
up.  The best way I ever found was from Betty Braue (sorry about the last name
Betty).

  She uses the foam from curlers, big ones usually.  Surgical glue and tape on
top of that.  This way you can put each one up alone, and not tie them to each
other which can cause one or both to bend in for life.

  I swear by this method, though different dogs tollerate it differently.  It
can be a daily battle, but ears up is important.
  Sheila
Todd White <tdrkk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  At what age should a German Shepherd pup ears be up.

Thanks,

Todd

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

Yahoo! Photos
 Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
whatever.