[ SHOWGSD-L ] ADMIN - List Option

  • From: Margery Golant <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:45:19 -0500

As a point of clarification, and as has been posted a number of times recently,
Showgsd-l's guidelines DO NOT prohibit frank and legitimate discussions of
bloodlines, regardless of nationality, health issues, what "is or is not
working".  The very essence of Showgsd-l is to support American and
Canadian-line fanciers in their breeding and exhibiting endeavors, and as has
been discussed here recently, a number of them are experimenting with German
crosses.  Accordingly, it is a complete fallacy to presume that discussion of
the merits or lack of merit of such efforts is controversial or against our
rules.

While members are certainly free to do as they wish, please keep in mind that
Showgsd-l exists because of your participation and support.  If you go
elsewhere to have substantive and interesting discussions relating to breeding
and/or exhibiting, by doing that, you will weaken and dilute what has made
Showgsd-l what it is today, which we believe has served you all well.  The
Showgsd-l Administration has worked very hard over the years to keep the List
going, and to provide this forum for your benefit.  Over the years that
Showgsd-l has been in existence, we have repeatedly emphasized that this is
YOUR List, and as such, we would be guided by the wishes of the majority.  We
have always endeavored to do so, and will continue to do so, if further changes
to our rules are desired.

We would appreciate your continued support, and ask that you have those
discussions here, on the List, and not resort to alternative discussion
locations.

Thank you, and Happy Holidays.

The Showgsd-l Administration