[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ADMIN] List Option

  • From: RckyIizard@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:07:32 EST

In a message dated 12/29/2004 5:30:36 PM Mountain Standard Time,
mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Listers, Showgsd-l has always been loyal to you, and we ask now that you show
your loyalty to the List.  If you want to see something change, please let us
know,
Aww Margery and all, it has nothing to do with loyalty!  Just some of us (who
are and will remain loyal members of this show gsd list) are wanting to talk
about things like improving health, possibly by the method of expanding the
gene pool, and even outcrossing to <gasp> German dogs, maybe naming some dogs
and the results we get from them by name <double gasp> As evinced by some of
the
reactions when a lister brought up some German stud dogs last week (including
an Admin kibosh) many if not most of the current listers would be more
comfortable if we took that portion of discussions to our own list.
No one is trying to take away from this list, we all enjoy this list, and we
very much love the learning and knowledge exchange that goes on here.  We just
don't want to make anyone uncomfortable with what we're doing, so we created
a forum that will make everyone happy--we get to discuss certain things, and
the people that don't want to don't have to listen.

I personally belong to at least four German shepherd lists! It hasn't changed
my approach to this one in the slightest.

Your open mindedness about possibly changing certain restrictions and your
invitation to accept feedback is very much appreciated, but it's really not
necessary.  Nothing we're doing is taking anything away from this list at all,
it's just keeping everyone happy.

Thanks :)

Liz in Utah

Visit my website at http://hometown.aol.com/rckyiizard/index.html