[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ADMIN - List Option

  • From: Margery Golant <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "EDEN HALL" <GSDHALLMARK@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:59:53 -0500

PRIVATE

When and by whom was a discussion of GSD movement and horse movement cut off ?
I am most curious to know, and have trouble believing that any administrator
would have intervened, unless there was something much more to it.

Whether you are trying to harm the List or not, why you would go off and form
your own, without first endeavoring to work with the List management to see
whether there was a basis for compromise , then start your list and solicit our
member ?  That just doesn't look to me like you have the best of intentions
where Showgsd-l is concerned.

We have never said that the List was limited to American and Canadian bred
dogs.  What we have said is that the List is for the American and Canadian-line
fancy.  It is no secret that people from that group are experimenting with
outcrosses, American-German crosses etc., and there has never been any desire
to interfere with any such discussions, so long as there was no trashing of the
dogs or the fancy.

If you love Showgsd-l as you say, I would think you would want to help it to
grow, not solicit its members.

From: "EDEN HALL" <GSDHALLMARK@xxxxxxx>
Date: 2004/12/29 Wed PM 07:03:45 EST
To: <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
        <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] ADMIN - List Option

As I replied to you earlier, we LOVE this list and are not trying to dilute it
but your topics are limiting.  We can't even discuss the comparison of horse
movement to GSD movement without having the thread cut off.

That's fine and again, we respect this list and are not trying to dilute it by
any means.  Some of us just want to be able to discuss new stud dogs without
listers jumping on someone saying that this isn't the forum, etc.  Some of us
want to hear about new litters and what they are producing, especially if it is
an outcross to German or other European lines.

We respect you want to keep this list to Amer and Canadian bred dogs.  We just
want to talk about more than what can be offered, that's all.  No one is
bailing from this list, we love it.

Hallmark German Shepherds
'The Best of Both Worlds'
Top American And German Lines