[rollei_list] Re: cleaning old Rolleinars and filters

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:18:33 -0800

At 03:52 PM 1/22/2006 -0500, Marc wrote, in part:

Glass is REALLY hard and, no, there are no sand particles in paper towels.
Be gentle, and all will, as they say, be made clear.

Marc

Thanks, that was my thought about paper towels, no sand. Why would anyone go to the expense?

Glass is indeed hard, but I think some of the early lens coatings weren't so hard. Someone will probably have a bit of history on that issue.

Regarding my comment about using rubbing alcohol and paper towels on my eyeglasses, I pay extra for what they call a "hard coating, for protection". Hope I am paying for something useful. (I hope that is either in addition to, or is part of, the anti-reflection coating I also pay extra for).

Don Williams La Jolla, CA