[rollei_list] Re: cleaning old Rolleinars and filters

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:23:54 -0800

At 01:01 PM 1/22/2006 -0800, you wrote:

Don

I hope that you realize that Dick Burk is in error about the use of aqueous based cleaners for lenses. Just don't pour or spray any of it (or any other cleaner) directly on a camera lens. That is OK for sun glass or eyeglass lenses though.

Jerry

I know. I have been following the directions on the lens cleaner bottles since I was about 13, not sure what I did before then because I could already read at that age. (I think perhaps until I was 13 I knew everything and therefore I didn't have to read directions).

It was only later that I realized that my folks knew a lot about the world and things in general, and only when I spoke at their funerals that I admitted that to the world at large.

I do admit to sometimes putting a little drop in the center of the lens and using that to wet the tissue, but nothing gets to the edge of the glass in pure liquid form.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA