[rollei_list] Re: Who uses a T as a 'daily driver'

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 13:12:00 -0500

At 07:46 AM 2/2/2010, Eric Goldstein wrote:

>The ideal design speed of a miniature format 50 mm Tessar at that time
>(and probably now) would be f/4-f/4.5. So, with apologies to Ivor, a
>Tessar with an actual design speed of f/2.8 will not be best at f/4.

Uh, Eric? You are supporting my point that the ideal design speed of the miniature-format normal Tessar is f/4.

No apologies are necessary to Ivor. You might want to express your apologies to the late Dr Sauer, who went to great lengths to explain the virtues of the recomputed Tessar and how it operated best from f/4 to f/11 both in its miniature-format and medium-format versions. But, again, I doubt if I have shot more than ten rolls through a T in my life, so I am not an expert on the capabilities of the camera beyond what is in writing.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!