[rollei_list] Re: Scanning

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 18:55:32 -0400

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 4:49 PM, David Sadowski <dsadowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(snipped)

> Even when you go into a movie theater nowadays, chances are you are
> watching a digital display and not film.

Again, let's get our thinking focused and our facts correct. 99.44% of these
motion pictures are being shot on film, and then edited, post produced and
distributed in digital. That first analog generation is, creatively speaking
from the point of view of craft, enormously important.

I'm having a lot of trouble following your reasoning, David. Aside from
stating a lot of what's obvious, it is unclear to me exactly what point you
are trying to make...

Eric Goldstein